Natural Augmentation (Fat Transfer to Breast)
Dr Rastogi has been performing beautiful Breast Augmentation surgeries for nearly twenty years, so it may come as a surprise that augmentation via implants is not the only breast enhancement procedure he specialises in.
A ‘Natural Augmentation’ is the process of enlarging women’s breasts using their own body fat, a procedure known as Autologous Fat Grafting, or 'Fat Transfer to Breast'. Dr Rastogi carefully administers fat harvested from the patient’s own body into the breast to achieve bigger, more shapely breasts, without implants.
It’s been deemed the latest technique in cosmetic and plastic surgery circles recently. It is particularly well suited to women who are interested in gaining a little extra cleavage, whilst simultaneously reshaping other areas of their body (such as hips, waist or thighs). It is like having two procedures in one!
So what are the advantages of a Natural Augmentation?
- Breasts that feel completely natural following surgery
- The fat transfer process will slim other areas of your body
- As the fat is then transferred to the breast via small injections, there’s less scarring than is apparent following Breast Implant surgery
- Less downtime following surgery
Who is suitable for a Fat Transfer to Breast?
- Patients need to have adequate areas of excess fat on their body so that the fat can be removed via Liposculpture and injected into the breast
- Someone who is happy to go 1-1.5 cup sizes larger than their existing size
- Natural Augmentation may also suit someone who is a looking to correct minor breast asymmetry issues
- Someone who is realistic about the outcomes of Fat Transfer - in that it may not accomplish the same level of lift or fullness that an implant would achieve
- Someone who is committed to two or more Autologous Fat Grafting procedures, in order to see a noticeable increase in breast volume and/or fullness
What surgery is involved?
- Liposculpture (liposuction) surgery is carried out from areas of fat stores in the patient’s body
- Dr Rastogi uses a tumescent liposuction method to minimise bruising
- The fat is then treated, filtered and the remaining stem-cell enriched fat is injected into the breast in fine layers in desired locations
- Once injected, some of the fat cells are reabsorbed, which is normal and expected, but the rest remain, and this is where the fullness or ‘natural augmentation’ becomes apparent.
More information on ‘Natural Augmentation’
- To find out whether you’re a suitable candidate for Autologous Fat Grafting, feel free to call us on (02) 9362 1426 or email body photographs to our Consults inbox.
- Or visit this page for more detailed information on Fat Transfer Frequently Asked Questions.