Natural Augmentation (Fat Transfer to Breast)
Dr Rastogi has been performing beautiful Breast Augmentation surgeries for nearly twenty years, so it may come as a surprise that augmentation via implants is not the only breast enhancement procedure he specialises in.
A ‘natural augmentation’ is the process of enlarging a woman’s breasts using her own body fat and is commonly known as Autologous Fat Grafting or Fat Transfer to Breast. Fat transfer is a great alternative to breast implants and can be used to enhance both the size and shape of the breasts. In fact, the procedure has a double benefit – thinner thighs and bigger breasts all in one procedure.
Fat transfer to the breast is ideal for women who are interested in gaining a little extra cleavage, whilst simultaneously reshaping other areas of their body.
How Natural Breast Augmentation Works
During a natural breast augmentation procedure, Dr Rastogi will gently remove unwanted fat from a problem area such as the thighs or stomach using liposculpture, which only requires a small 4mm incision.
The excess fat cells are then filtered out and loaded into syringes, which will be used to insert the fat into the breasts. To ensure maximum cell survival, Dr Rastogi uses a technique that’s both gentle and precise, ensuring you can achieve larger, shapelier breasts without the need for implants.
So what are the advantages of fat transfer?
- Breasts that look and feel completely natural
- Increase the size of your breasts by up to 1.5 cup sizes without needing to insert foreign materials into the body
- The procedure enlarges your breasts while slimming another area of your body
- Since the fat is transferred to the breasts using small injections, there are no visible scars
- Much less downtime when compared to breast augmentation surgery
- The stems cells that are injected during the procedure result in youthful, rejuvenated skin
- Women who have had implants removed can now naturally enhance the size and shape of their breasts
Who is suitable for a Fat Transfer to Breast?
- Patients need to have adequate areas of excess fat on their body so that the fat can be removed via Liposculpture and injected into the breast
- Someone who is happy to go 1-1.5 cup sizes larger than their existing size
- Natural Augmentation may also suit someone who is looking to correct minor breast asymmetry issues
- Someone who is realistic about the outcomes of Fat Transfer - in that it may not accomplish the same level of lift or fullness that an implant would achieve
What surgery is involved?
- Liposculpture (liposuction) surgery is carried out from areas of fat stores in the patient’s body
- Dr Rastogi uses a tumescent liposuction method to minimise bruising
- The fat is then treated, filtered and the remaining stem-cell enriched fat is injected into the breast in fine layers in desired locations
- Once injected, some of the fat cells are reabsorbed, which is normal and expected, but the rest remain, and this is where the fullness or ‘natural augmentation’ becomes apparent.
More information on ‘Natural Augmentation’